To my surprise she did great! She got out of bed once, and then 10 minutes later was asleep! After nap she got her special surprise (a new night light that's a lady bug. Her shell displays the stars and the moon in three different colors and turns off after 45 minutes). She loved it. And I was so proud of her. Madeline was apparently very proud of herself too, b/c I got several hugs throughout the afternoon and an "I love you momma." So sweet.
Then bedtime rolled around. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Bath, books and in bed by 8:15 p.m. She didn't get out of bed once. She played for about an hour and fell asleep! I was so amazed!
And where we are today. Nap time. She got out of bed 2 times, the second time I walked in she was sitting in her chair reading books and greeted me with a "Hi Momma!" I scooped her up, put her back in bed and closed the door. Fifteen minutes later-Silence. She passed out at the foot of her bed, hugging her ladybug night light. Too cute. I covered her up and closed the door.
All in all, it's not going any where near as bad as I thought it would! YAY! Let's knock on wood, cross all fingers and toes that it keeps going this smoothly. I know it takes up to 3 weeks for something to become a habit, so let's keep those good vibes going for a few weeks! :)
Really bad photo, my camera died, so we had to use the camera phone. Better pictures to come later. Besides her room isn't 100% complete yet.
She's saying "cheese!"
She's saying "cheese!"
Playing with her new nightlight!







No comments:
Post a Comment