Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Amoxicillin...

Maddie has had a bit of a cough for the past several weeks. It's gotten better and then worse and then better again, and just recently worse. So, I decided that it was time to head to the doctors. We got an 8:30 a.m. apt. yesterday morning with Dr. Chase, who was incredibly nice. He checked out Maddie's lungs, as well as her throat and ears. And with the ears Dr. Chase proceeded to tell me that Maddie has a bit of an ear infection. Oh man. So he cleaned out her hear, which Maddie HATED, she screamed her head off and then proceeded to give Dr. Chase a dirty look. LOL!

He said that the ear infection might be why Maddie has developed a cough. I am crossing my fingers that this is Maddie's only ear infection she ever has. I had so many ear infections when I was little, one too many to count, and they were so painful. Poor thing, this probably explains why she has been getting up in the middle of the night again. She really hasn't been too fussy though.

Anyway, Dr. Chase wrote out a prescription for some Amoxicillin for her and we started the dosage yesterday. I don't think she is too fond of the bubblegum flavor, though neither was I when I was little, so I can't really blame her. So far so good. She went down last night at 7:30 p.m. and only woke up once at 9:30 p.m. and then again at 5 a.m. and then back to bed until 7:30 a.m. Let's hope this helps!

They also weighed Maddie when we were there and she is up to 17.2 lbs. Growing and growing :)

4 comments:

sbruscia said...

And so the ear infections begin!

abruscia said...

I know, I know. I can barely stand it. At least it doesn't seem to be really bothering her.

sbruscia said...

That's true. She was one happy baby when I saw her and there's so many smiling pics of her!

Jenn said...

Awwwww! Sad to hear Maddie has an ear infection. Owen had one around 5 months and it was awful. I hope it clears up soon!! Hugs!