Monday, October 4, 2010

Hershey Half Marathon

I did it! I did it! I did it! If you would have told me when I was 18, that at 30-years-old, with an almost 2-year-old, I would be running a half marathon I probably would have laughed at you and said "yeah right." But I did do it, and it was a great accomplishment. Not sure when the next one will be, but I'll definitely be signing up for more 10k, and 5k races!

I was lucky enough to have almost my entire family there watching me and meeting me at points along the race. It really did help knowing that they were there, especially when I saw my baby girl running to me at mile 7. Honestly it almost made me want to stop, but I didn't. I finished with an official time of 2 hrs 30 minutes and 27 seconds. Not the best time in the world, but for my first race ever...not too shabby. Thank you to my amazing mom, sister, brother-in-law, and wonderful husband and daughter for supporting me these past 12 weeks.


The weekend started out with a trip to Hershey Park of course!


We were sooo excited for the train! Who wouldn't be?



Winning Madeline a doggie at wack-a-frog.



Lady bugs!


Gearing up for the race! Aunt Sarah and Uncle Mark have a lot of the good photos, maybe we can bribe them to post on their blog :)


Off to the starting line.


Baby girl waiting for me...


Sadly I think this was only mile 2 or 3. On our way into Hershey Park, yes we actually ran through the park. So awesome!



Sarah and Mark have the finishing photos...but more importantly we put puzzles together when we got home. A long, but accomplished weekend.




4 comments:

sbruscia said...

You did amazing! When do you start training for the full marathon?!

sbruscia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
abruscia said...

No full marathon on the list...Half marathon was always on the "list" of things I've wanted to do. I don't feel the urge to EVER do a full marathon. Ha. I'll leave that one up to you! :)

Mark said...

Very impressive, maybe I'll join you next year but not likely. 10Ks are more my speed. I have updated our blog with more race photos so be sure to check them out. Congrats again!!!