Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Happy One Month Avery!


Our sweet little Avery Quinn turned one-month-old on Friday. Hard to believe it's already been one month, the days turned to weeks and finally to the big "1." Yeah!

Avery is really quite a bit different from Madeline as a baby. Madeline was much more independant, shocking I know, and yes even at this age. She could eat and fall right back to sleep anywhere and play by herself for 30 minutes at a time. Not our Avery, she is very picky on falling asleep places. She also fights sleep pretty well during the day, which makes it very hard for mommy to get work done.

Madeline was already pushing against us trying to stand and doing really well with her head. And while Avery isn't as interested in those things, she is doing a lot of other things Madeline wasn't. For starters, she started smiling at us just before she turned one month! I know it's really early, but she is genuinely reacting to us and what we are saying to her. Her eyes light up and a little smile beams across her face when it's her you are talking to. It's amazing. She loves to be held, quite different from Madeline. We might have finally got our cuddle bug :)

Avery is also turning into a great sleeper, knock on wood, I know as soon as I write this she will be up every hour. However, starting at around 2 weeks, you slept on several occasions for 4-4.5 hour stints, and the other night, you slept from 11:00 p.m.-5:30 a.m. Wow, mommy did a mad dash into your room to make sure you were okay. Sure enough there you slept. I had to wake you up to eat! And last night, you went down at 10:30 p.m., and if it wasn't for me waking you up to eat at 3:00 a.m. I think you might have slept right on through again! WOW!

Avery, you have blessed our lives every day since you became a part of them. We love you more than you will ever know and cannot wait to see how you grow! Happy one-month baby girl!

Here are some photos of you enjoying your changing table...just like your big sister did :)


No comments: