...A little girl who is almost potty trained! YEAH! Anyone who knows me knows that this has been the thorn in my side for the last several months. Ugh. Madeline has been VERY resistant to potty training, to the point of when I asked her to sit on the potty she would cry.
Well two weeks ago I met my breaking point when she made a HUGE mess, which required lots of laundry and a bath. I think she knew I was serious after that little discussion. I put her in pull ups and big girl underwear and didn't look back. The first week set the timer and every 30 min she would sit on the potty. While she didn't pee on the potty, she wasn't wet either. Progress. The next week we went to dance class, came home and started our bath water...while I was taking care of Avery Madeline said "Momma I have to go potty." I couldn't believe it, she sat on her potty and actually went potty! I could NOT believe it, I was so excited and so was she...two pieces of chocolate please!
After that there was no looking back, we've been peeing on the potty almost all the time, even at school and while we have had a few accidents. *Knock on wood* I think next week we might be transitioning to big girl underwear. Wahooo! I think Santa might be bringing princess underwear for her stocking!!! Talk about the BEST Christmas present yet...wow, now I really sound like a mom. Who needs diamonds when you have a child who is potty trained? ha.
Last day of summer...
6 years ago








No comments:
Post a Comment