Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Trip to Richmond!

Lots of photos here, so brace yourselves! HA. We finally made a trip down to Richmond this past weekend to visit Sarah and Mark! After what seemed like spending the entire day in traffic, we finally arrived in Richmond and promptly headed out for a great Italian Dinner at Ido Squid (SP?). It was FAAAAABULOUS! The nest day we geared up and after a nice walk headed out to visit some of the wineries in Charlottesville (Barboursville, Jefferson, and Kluge). They were just as beautiful as they were tasty! It was a great weekend even though it was about 100 degrees...HOT, HOT, and HOTTTTT! Thanks to Sarah and Mark for their great hospitality!

Maddie learned how to crawl up a step while at Aunt Sarah and Uncle Marks!


Sharing Puffs with Aunt Sarah.



Look at what I can do!!!

Family photo at the outdoor mall "playground." The water fountains are definitely something Maddie will enjoy playing in next year!


Posing in front of the massive wine bottles at our first stop!
Barboursville winery (I think).




Maddie LOVED the horses outside!



Group photo at Jefferson's Monticello winery! So goooooood!



Who is that guy in the background?!? Oh wait, it's my husband! Nice.


Daddy and Madeline enjoying the winery.


The girls.



Posing on the wine barrel.


Me and my Madeline.


Learning to climb trees!


This photo just cracks me up! Clearly, Maddie was having a blast.

3 comments:

sbruscia said...

Pics look great. I especially love Brad's devilish face in the bottom one, and the picture of you and Madeline on the wine barrels. Thanks for coming down!

abruscia said...

We had so much fun too! Hopefully we'll get to do some more tours in December if I can make it work. *Crossing Fingers*

sbruscia said...

I really like the horsey picture too! She is the cutest!