Thursday, September 9, 2010

First day of Tap Class!

Yesterday Madeline had her first tap class! That's right, it was finally time to break in the new Capizo's :) We had to get up a little early from our nap to make sure we were dressed and had a full belly. Class starts at 3:45 p.m. on the dot, okay not really, they are pretty lenient with the little ones. Anyway, we had a great snack of Greek Yogurt and some Graham Crackers and out the door to meet Miss. Olivia and the rest of the class. Madeline did great the first 5 minutes of the class until she started crying and the teacher, Megan, who was a doll, ended up holding her for about 10 minutes. Yikes! Anyway, she did pretty well even played in some circles and with some tambourines!

Madeline was happy to be done with class, and Olivia LOVED it. Their reactions when they came out were priceless...I have a feeling Madeline is going to be a soccer player, not a dancer. *Sigh* Honestly I am okay with it as long as she is in some activity.

And in case you are wondering, being on the other side of the glass is all too wierd. I am now the stalking parent, peering in on my child in class. I even got the "oh, parents can't come in to class with their kids." LOL, I feel like I was just saying that to my student's parents. And no, I wasn't trying to either.

Snack time, yummo!


Waiting for class to begin! Kind of looks like HSD colors girls doesn't it?


Bar time...tap, tap. tap....


And run in the circle and stomp your feet, run back out and stomp your feet. This was all too freaking cute.


Class ended with the tambourine. F-U-N!



2 comments:

Jenn said...

Soooo cute!!! That is awesome you found a class that would take her before 2! I can't wait until my baby girl's first tap class, as far away as it is right now. :) Great pictures!

sbruscia said...

Yeah! But oh no! Why was she crying? Maddie's usually so chill and outgoing?