Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Fourth of July in D.C.

For the Fourth of July, Brad and I, along with the girls headed down to our nation's capital to spend some time with a bunch of friends. Drew and Addie, and Stella and Jack, were kind enough to put us all up for the weekend, which was great! Their new house is amazing and a great location not far from down town.

It was great spending the weekend seeing everyone again. We were all exhausted by the end of the week thanks to our long walks all over the mall! Brad and I got to visit, the Museum of Modern Art, the Air and Space Museum and the National Portrait Gallery...they were amazing! I hadn't been to the museums since our 8th grade field trip...so long ago. We also got to see some amazing fireworks and eat some fabulous food at Matchbox!

Below are some photos from our trip.


This was Brad's idea, a 5 1/2 month photo of me in front of Washington's portrait...I am a total history dork, so I loved the idea...though I don't like the way the shot turned out. Ugh...

Air and Space Museum


An actual PICASSO!
Can you tell what it is? Think football.



The Capital

Washington Monument

No comments: