Monday, February 2, 2009

First Day of Daycare

Today was Madeline's first day of daycare, and my first day back at work. I have to say that starting last night, and definitely this morning, I was having reservations about going back - big time reservations. But I still got her packed up this morning and out the door to the Learning Station where she will be for four days a week from 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. We got there a little early today since I knew I would probably take a bit longer giving her up. She was extra snuggly this morning since she had already played for an hour before we left, so it made it even more difficult to leave her. I did leave, but not with out shedding a few tears. I was proud of myself though, I didn't call once to check up on her.

I got back around 2:10 p.m. to pick her up, and the ladies at the daycare couldn't stop going on, and on about what a good baby she is! *Beaming* She played on her own so well, and she talked so much to all of her new friends! They can't wait for her to come back! It was a relief to hear! Her report card for the day told me all about the big naps she took and what a great eater she was.

Work for me was nice, I am all set up in my new position as Graphic Designer for the Penn State Alumni Association. The transition from Web Designer to Graphic Designer will take some time, but it's definitely one that I am excited about! Maddie and I both have so much growing to do over the next year!

Here is a photo of her before we left the house.

2 comments:

sbruscia said...

I'm so glad to hear it! I was thinking of you and Maddie all day today. I knew you both would do great!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new position and on your first day back at work! Its heartening to hear about Maddie's eating abilities. All of her Aunties are proud.