Thursday, July 14, 2011

Before and After

Over the past several months, I've been creating a "to do" list. Call it nesting, call it organized, call it what you will, but it's me, pregnant or not. Many of these "to do" items are big projects. Not something tiny. Of course, why would it be that easy? So, over the past two weeks, I decided to dive head first into two of my big projects. First one: re-paint the amazing wooden screen that resided in my grandma's apartment for 30 or more years for use in the baby's room, second project: paint trim, wainscoting in dining room. I know these all sound small, but I assure you they were no small tasks.

Grandma's screen before:


Grandma's screen after:
This screen took at least 4 coats of paint, plus two of primer. The old wood just sucked it in. It was a BIG prjoect, but it will be amazing for use in the baby's room :) It only took me 3 years to finally buck up and do it. And I LOVE how it turned out.


Dining room before:
Note bronze paint on the crown molding, trim, and dark brown below where the wainscoting is. Sorry the only shots I have are from holidays and birthday parties. :)



Dining room after:
Can we say A-mazing? Anyone who knows me knows I hate dark rooms, and this was sooooo dark.  The white instantly brightens it up and the chair covers help too. Now the artwork pops, the tables/chairs don't clash with the walls. I am IN LOVE with this room. And this used to me my least favorite room :) Loooooove.


View from living room.





Looking into living room.


View from kitchen. Did I mention I love this room?

No comments: