It looks like Miss. Avery is trying to be like her big sister, see here, and come a little early! It was right around 35 weeks that I went into preterm labor with Madeline and well, I suppose Avery felt the need to put her two cents in at 35 weeks as well. Though, technically I'm not considered 35 weeks for one more day.
Anyway, I woke up in the morning with some contractions around 7 a.m. They were enough to feel them, but I didn't really think too much of them since I've been having contractions for the past several months. As the morning progressed the contractions lingered and also started to pick up in intensity. It wasn't until about 9 a.m. until I was able to sit down and actually time them. They were coming about every 2-3.5 minutes and were lasting around 1 minute to 1.5 minutes. After being able to time them for about 30 minutes and not calm down. I called my friend and doctor Melanie. She agreed that this is a bit of a concern and she was calling labor and delivery to let them know I was on my way. Not how I wanted to spend my Sunday morning. :(
I said goodbye to Madeline and Brad and headed to the hospital. I got there and the nurses hooked me up to the machines and confirmed that yes I was having contractions every 2-3 minutes. Lovely. Dr. Oliver was on duty, and she is so sweet. Anyway, she came in and we had a chat about how I had an appointment on Tuesday and yes, they checked me, but no dilation and no effacement. Unfortunately things have changed in a hurry and the contractions are indeed doing something. I am about 3 cm dilated and 75% effaced. Needless to say I was shocked and upset. They gave me a shot of Terabutalin, which slowed the contractions down enough for me to go home. I got a script to continue taking the medicine as needed when the contractions start. I asked if that was possible since this medicine makes you feel like you are on crack, or at least what I assume you would feel like on crack. Dr. Oliver seems to think this is just how my body works. At 35 weeks I am ready to deliver, and that I would probably deliver this baby around 38 weeks as well. We will see, I am sure this baby will prove us wrong and be right on time.
Anyway, I've been home the rest of the day and yes I've had contractions, but nothing to warrant another call or trip to Labor and Delivery. Let's hope it stays this way for at least a little while longer :)
Last day of summer...
6 years ago







1 comment:
Sounds familiar!!! Hang in there Miss Avery (& Mama!)! Won't be long now. Hope you're feeling better. You look fantastic and her room is beautiful!
Post a Comment