Thursday, April 29, 2010

18 Month Well-Baby Visit

Today we headed to the pediatrician to meet with Dr. McCormic to see how Miss. Madeline is doing. He checked her eyes, ears, tummy and toes, and confirmed what we already knew: Madeline is 100% healthy and happy :) Whew! While she is only saying 4-5 words, he said not to worry, that she is perfectly on schedule with any normal 18-month-old and she'll start talking at her own pace. As for her eyes. I asked for a definite answer to see if Dr. McCormic could give us an "offical" reading on the color of them. Well, since they are pretty much stuck halfway between blue and half between brown, he called them hazel. Go figure. He said they might gravitate a little more towards brown. We'll just have to wait and see. We go back for her two-year appointment, YIKES, in October.

Her stats are as follows:
Height: 32 inches, 62nd percentile
Weight: 20.7 lbs, 5th percentile

In summary, she's a peanut!

7 comments:

Croatian Chaos said...

I can't believe how tiny she is!!! so sweet!

abruscia said...

Tiny indeed :) I feel like I am a bad mother every time they weigh her in. But I swear she eats, she just doesn't eat a lot.

Anonymous said...

Tell Maddie she's in good company with the no talking thing. Apparently I didn't say much at all until 3 years old. And now look at me....well, maybe you don't want her to take after her sarcastic Auntie.

Grandma Howe said...

She's perfect!!

Mervine Family said...

Wow! So tiny...I guess Auntie Kristin will have to beef you up with COOKIES! Miss Emily can't wait to see Miss Madeline next weekend.

abruscia said...

Oh! Good to know Hope, and of course I would love for her to take after any one of her Aunties :) Aunt Kristin, if you want to bulk her up with cookies, please do! Does that mean there are going to be sugar cookies this weekend?!?! YAY!

sbruscia said...

Wait -- Let's throw in that she is taking after her Aunt "peanut" Sarah -- who obviously (and sadly) is no longer a peanut. But still!