So I had to run an errand today, and decided those freeze pops sounded like a good idea, for boo-boos and especially with this warm weather. Yummo! I think my sister and I would eat about 10 a day in the summer. After dinner I surprised Madeline with her very own freeze pop! She got really excited and at first did great. Then as time went on...not so great. Ugh. What was I thinking?!?! She wanted to hold the freeze pop, out of the plastic, turn it upside-down, suck on it, but the plastic, not the pop, sending liquid stickiness flying around the kitchen , and all over her. By the time she was "done," she was a mess, and her clothing was mostly red. It's now marinating in a bath of oxyclean. Oh well, I think we'll have to try again, next time, maybe naked. Ha.
Oh and by the way, did I mention I decided to take the pacifier away from her today after this accident? Cold turkey baby. Nap time went great, it's the night time I am worried about. It took her about 45 minutes to fall asleep tonight, but she did it! Sans paci and all. Yay! Let's hope this works! Cross your fingers.
Starting out pretty good!
Hamming it up for the camera.
Okay, really hamming it up for the camera!
Mmmmmmmm.... (can you see the boo-boo on her top lip?)
Annnnnnnn a complete and total mess. Success by any toddler's assessment.







3 comments:
I think in the last photo she is smushing up the pop so it gets all liquidy and sugary. Yummy! Poor maddie's lip!
Hmmm she might be, I just found out that daycare cuts them in half. Good tip I wish i knew last night. Oh well, next time. And her lip isn't bad...though I noticed this morning that she also bit her tongue. :(
She is following in Owen's footsteps! Although I'm glad to see that her boo-boo was not as bad. That was the weekend I chucked the paci's too. Took 2 nights of crying but now he's paci-free! Good luck! (I think it's harder on us than it is on them!)
Post a Comment