Friday, October 3, 2008

35 Doctor's Apt. (and follow up from the hospital)

Today was our 35 Week doctor's apt. Because of everything that went down last night, we had several more things to look into at today's apt.

I told the doctor that I was feeling fine, but still having some of the same contractions as yesterday. So, after doing the usual measurements, and getting another internal (Still only 1 cm dilated - Whew!) they decided to hook me back up to the machines to check the baby's heart rate and my contractions again.

After about 30 minutes or so, it was determined that the baby was doing great, and yes I was still having contractions. They weren't bad enough to admit me back to the hospital, thank goodness, and said I could go home as long as I relaxed and that I had to take some more terbutaline. Blagh.

So here I am at home, I took them medicine at 11 a.m. and I still feel like I am on crack. This stuff is horrible...Oh well, if it works, it works. If I have any more contractions I am to call the office and continue to take the medicine every 4 hours.

I am sure that with my luck, and all of these early contractions, I will end up going 2 weeks late. But let's hope not. On a brighter note, all of these contractions finally got our butts in gear to order the stroller and pack an overnight bag for the hospital. Ha!

No comments: